THE INSITU 2018 INTERNSHIP
INSITU Site-Specific Dance Festival is seeking smart, enthusiastic associates to support our small team in all aspects of festival planning and execution.
WHO WE ARE
INSITU is a unique, two-day dance festival featuring 24 choreographers who present new, site-specie works in four public parks along the Long Island City waterfront. The 2018 Festival is scheduled to take place on August 4 & 5. Through free outdoor dance performances and community workshops, INSITU encourages residents and audiences to discover neighborhoods through dance and strengthen relationships to communities.
WHO YOU ARE
We are truly passionate and dedicated people, so we are looking for young professionals who exhibit enthusiasm for hard work, reliability, intelligence and true passion for socially engaged art and community service. You are
- passionate about the arts, dance and social practice
- positive & self-motivated
- a great writer with strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- proactive and forthcoming with ideas and opinions
- confident and friendly personality
- a expert on social media
- knowledgeable in graphic design and photo editing (proficient in Photoshop, InDesign software programs) a plus
- knowledgeable in video editing software a plus
- proactive with ideas and opinions!
YOU will work closely with both Svea Schneider, artistic director/co-producer, and Karen Kitchen, co-producer, assisting in all general administrative and operational activities, including the following:
- gathering 2018 artist materials for press and marketing purposes
- manage correspondence with community partners, donors, and sponsors
- plan and coordinate fundraising activities, including annual Kickstarter campaign
- research and organize grant and sponsorship opportunities
- distribute marketing materials
- manage database and digital filing system
- production assistance including coordinating services and equipment
INSITU 2018 ASSOCIATES will gain invaluable experience in the following areas:
- festival production
- arts administration
- community outreach and socially engaged art
- artist management
- Minimum 3 months, extensions welcome
- 10 hours per week, more preferred
- Schedule and weekly hours are flexible
- Laptop necessary
This internship is unpaid. College credit is available upon request.
To apply, please send via email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applications are on a rolling basis.